Monday, May 30, 2011

A day of very little

Got absolutely nothing to do today, so I thought it might be a good time to get rid of stuff. Realized that now that my good camera is gone for good, that I can probably get rid of the attachments etc that belonged to it. (We were robbed twice in six months.) I have clothes to go through and discard. Probably a bunch of other stuff, once I start looking. There are three copies of my play that no longer match the final draft. There are tapes of my bear kids that I should at least put together in a box to edit our whole lives when I retire. I should think about what is important these days. I still seem to be collecting books- all of which which probably should be gleaned at this point. The Writers' Group I've dropped out of, had this odd X/Mas party thing of giving each other books. I have a stack of books on my nightstand from people I don't really respect as writers. Why am I keeping them? (Well, a few I will keep- from the one or two people in the group I did respect.) I have Mrs. Dalloway and "The Culprit Fay" and a very short reproduction copy of Charles De Kay's novella about NYC artist types in the 1880s waiting for me. The Culprit Fay If you are curious- early Americana. Also, Helena De Kay's grandfather for those who are aware of my hobbyhorses. The trouble with being well off is having room to collect nonsense. Happy Memorial Day. 

No comments: