Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Man Just Lying About It



An update about my evil behavior: I discovered I could just steal the email list of members off the GLAWS web site, so I did that and emailed all individually, leaving good old Tony off as well as everyone he cc'd on the messages to me. Oh, I left his wife off the mailing as well. So I received a bunch of email responses and have three people interested in sharing the table. I'm waiting for Tony to find out and come rap my knuckles.
The lady so interested, Kelly Sullivan Walden, I emailed back that I'm doing my own table because of the recruitment problems with the groups that are invested in this sort of thing and I that did not want recruiters at my table. She could sign up as an individual if she wanted. Or pass it on to members of her organization. I've not heard back. I think she was only interested in eating me alive.
I know where the Publishers Association of Los Angeles meets (they were ones that wanted to protect their members from me) so I thought I would just go over on the 16th and put flyers on all the windshields in the parking lot. Don't tell them I'm coming.

The Independent Writers of Southern California are still napping.
Thought I'd go by the Sierra Club Camera Committee this Monday night and let them know. I'll let you know their reaction. I've let my membership lapse with them. But, I've been camping with some of them, so maybe they'll let me.




 


No comments: