Monday, March 29, 2010

Haiku & Poem by Judy Liggett- the friend that called and read them to me on the phone


In spring,
 how can one be sad

After feasting on cherry blossoms
     and mockingbird song?




Bird Song




Every evening
Driving  home from work
I roll across a high ridge
Where suddenly the sky
Expands to panoramic.
In the bitterly cold winter evenings,
The sun glowed like a furnace on the horizon.
Every evening the sky was a canvas
Of radiating sumi and pink calligraphic clouds
In art's freest expression of spirit.

Now in the spring
Driving home from work
I  open my eyes suddenly
To expanses of blue and the sun
Shines like a gold medallion
High up over the horizon.

This evening
A raven flew over my car:
A flat, black silhouette
Of spread wing feathers
Painted across panoramic blue.

While walking,
I saw its twin:
A white seagull
Arched under a faint, translucent moon.



 Haiku and Poem by Judy Liggett


3 comments:

Janet Boyd Art said...

luv the haiku

Janet Boyd Art said...

Luverly picture.

Janet Boyd Art said...

Like the line, "we're all busted in our own way". So true.