Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Cobalt Cafe


 
Getting jaded in my old age. Had a band looking on "Indie on the Move" 
for somebody to share a night. I checked them out and thought it was 
close enough and contacted them. They emailed me last week and said, yeah, come on. But you got to contact the booking guy. 
 
I did -three days in a row with email and phone and finally gave up. He calls today. Says he's already booked the slot, but he'll squeeze me in by giving half the slot to me and making the guys that offered me the slot, start 15 minutes later. An half an hour he says. This, actually, in booker's real time, translates into three songs. I've learned the hard way- most 45 minute sets at clubs become 30 minutes. You'll go on by 9:00 usually means 10:00 or later. I told him, that was ok, maybe some other time. 
 
Oh yeah, this was for this Sunday night. 

No comments: