Sunday, November 6, 2011

This was sweet Martha's response to my email after the Vet day thing. She hired us (at no pay) because I called her to ask about a non-profit vendor booth (for $10.00)- I thought we could just pay the $10 and play all afternoon. She asked what kind of music did we play and I answered with the right group- "The Kingston Trio, etc" She asked us to play the stage. One of my band mates today said she didn't think they were too organized or too aware of what they were trying to do. (Martha has asked me to rent the generator and she'd reimburse me, but I had no idea what I should be getting- so they supplied it.)

Dan,
You are brilliant! that is an idea that has a lot of merit.
I will keep you in mind for next year; this year was excellent.
I will spread the work about your group.

Thanks again for all you did to make our event a success.

Martha
P.S. Next time you perform out doors and need a generator...
a 2000 volt one is what you need. It worked yesterday.


> Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2011 04:18:05 -0800
> From: mcnay@mosis.com
> To: msthuente@hotmail.com
> Subject: Parade
>
> Marthe,
>
> Thanks for having us. We had fun.
>
> I had a thought about next year. If the stage was set up at the far end
> of the vendor area, with it being close to the food vendors, it would
> afford us being able to play better without the noise of the marching
> band leaving the staging area and we could attract more people to be
> present at your award ceremony. Give it some thought.
>
> Thanks again. Keep us in mind for next year or anything else your group
> might be doing. Memorial Day?
>
> Dan
>

No comments: