Saturday, September 18, 2010

They Don't Look Like Much

I've been blessed by amazing offspring. One sings like an angel and works with unfortunate children and patients with the touch of an angel. One is super jock who has moves I'd never dreamed of that understands high tech engineering and math and can listen and transcribe chords on a song that has never been written down. And I have a third that writes from college that she is busy reading Rabelais http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fran%C3%A7ois_Rabelais (in the old French) in her French Lit class in her first few months at college. These are the lives I would want for children of mine. And I guess they are.

If you've not read Rabelais, you should, if you've not helped people you should, and if you have not moved your fingers like God intended you to, you should.

No comments: