Wednesday, August 16, 2017

The Come To Jesus Rehearsal



           Eight or nine years ago, I experienced a 'Come To Jesus' Rehearsal. The first band we were trying to form were a couple of guys I worked with, a parent I knew from the kids' school, a couple of people from a park jam in Long Beach, and a couple of ladies from an open night mic in Venice. We were trying to figure out songs, who was going to do what. My buddy from work decided that he didn't like any of the material chosen, felt that the musicians all needed serious work on their ability to perform and was going to fix it all. He threw songs at everyone all night, which were not particularly welcomed; proceeded to discuss everyone's imperfections. and pulled up videos to show people their imperfections. (Videos I had shot, by the way, but not for that reason.) And we all had such a wonderful time. He quit the band in a day or two. I was so happy he quit, I went to bed that night thinking 'Thank God!' (A real come to Jesus experience.) I was recently offered another opportunity to have another 'Come To Jesus' Rehearsal, for a bandmate to decide whether or not she would stay in the band. I said I would make that decision for her.

No comments: