Monday, December 15, 2014

What to do?



So I have a friend, actually an old banjo teacher, that is really a good guy. The only reason I left to look elsewhere for lessons was because I didn't want to do tab. And he couldn't teach me to read music. He really is a gifted banjo player. So, every day I visit Craig's List for musicians ads. Mostly its all crap, but occasionally there's real cool stuff. I got my first big time pay to play at The House of Blues, I played at the Viper Room through Craig's list, found some other occasional gigs there, met my banjo friend from Maryland there. Got a part in an upcoming Documentary there. So there's this picture, accompanying an ad that has been on there for about a month. Banjo player auditions for a national touring band looking for a new banjo player. Contact so and so. I look because I play a banjo and there are very few specific ads for the banjo on there. Its way out of my league. I'm not ready at all to play that this level. Then my friend I mentioned above changes his Facebook page to include the same picture, of his national touring band playing the same venue back east. Does he know? Should I tell him? My buddy the drummer says send him an email asking him. My wife says no, don't say anything. What to do? 

No comments: