Thursday, December 4, 2014

All Of Me, the way my buddy plays it, I think. Musicians are a curious lot. He brought us, my little combo this song that he plays on Uke and sings, rather well actually. So we are trying to back him up on it. The drummer just hears it, The dulcimer player reads music well and groks it as they used to say in my youth (Grok is from a Heinlein novel "Stranger In A Strange Land"} Me, I need to figure it out and practice it. I need a one page doc that I can put on my Ipad and play from. He brings in a two page chart that requires that you jump from here to there to there and here. This is my translation.  
The spaces are so I can add diagrams for the chords I don't know by heart. The fact that I can glance at a diagram these days and play it quick, is a miracle in itself. At 62, there are still marvelous things that can be learned. My fingers ache, but who the hell cares. These is way cool.  

No comments: