Monday, June 25, 2012

Probably almost the worst performance night of my life



Well, I booked myself into the Universal Bar & Grill in North Hollywood- its sort of North Hollywood's version of the Cinema Bar of Culver City or Tripp in Venice- anybody can play there. Well, I go. My band mate, from over there sort of, I ask to back me up. He and a couple of others were backing me up at the Tripp night I booked myself into. That was very marginal -at Tripp. Well, I thought he remembered rehearsing the songs. He didn't. It was just so much noise. The video I took was unwatchable. I tried to plug my way through- people applauded. But it was real shit, probably the worse I've ever done. Why on earth would I think this guy even re-listened to the cd of the songs I had given him or looked at the music before showing up there. I'm tired of being a sucker for the idiots of the world. I rehearse to play with others. I listen to what others are playing. Anyway, live and learn.


No comments: