Monday, May 14, 2012

More on that noble calling

After I send her the rant, I had another drink and sent her this:

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: RE: New Online Writing Workshop forming
From: Dan Mc Nay
Date: Fri, May 11, 2012 11:09 pm
To: Kate Sexton Kate, 
 I've turned to music in my old age. I playing banjo and writing music, I am still writing prose. I have 50K on a new first draft of a new book. I have a non-fiction book next. But, this is what the publishing world has done to my feelings: Dan


She replied: 
Funny, I left the music industry in my early 30s and have ended up in publishing and nonprofits. I find both industries eat their young and old. One reason to find the very best, surround yourself with experienced players and figure out the game because that's what all of this boils down to - a game.


I wrote:


Not for me.


Best Wishes

No comments: