Sunday, July 3, 2011

Tearing Up Carpet

So yesterday I went over to my buddy's old new house and spent the day tearing out old green carpet. The carpet was so old that the carpet pad had turned into a weird clay like layer that had to be scrapped off the wood floor beneath it. We did the living room and the wood beneath was in good shape though there was a section under the front window that hadn't been finished. The hallways and the dining room was in the same shape, we took up the carpet but didn't scrape up the pad. The bedroom thank god had newer carpet and pad and it all just came up and rolled up to be carried out. This was about six hours of hard work. Went off to a dinner party and after dinner and cards, promptly fell asleep on their couch. They were all very polite, they sent my wife in to get me and rake me home.   

No comments: