Tuesday, October 8, 2013

What the open door does

I played the Manhattan Beach Hometown Fair on Saturday. It wasn't on the main stage down the block, but here in the community center. It was cool. A stage and sound. I had played here two years ago with an early version of Rhubarb band and we were appreciated and asked back, but the next year the band was on the main stage. The lady organizing it this year, didn't send me a parking pass so I went early to figure out all that. I was supposed to play from 12 to 1.  I figure out the parking and I'm there at 10:30. The lady says the group before me cancelled. Did I want to start early. I said sure. So I came back with my stuff and she called the sound guys in to set me up. There were some little kids dancing on the stage, so I played some fast songs so they could keep dancing for a while. Then I got sound and started at 11.

Wasn't a lot of folks the first half hour. A few came through to seet the kids artwork displays in the auditorium. By 12 this was what I had. It stayed this way for the next hour. Even with lunch hour passing and some folks getting up and others coming in. It was cool.

No comments: