Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Midnight at the Oasis



Emergency gig alert. I answered a Craig's List come on for an open slot here tonight and the guy told me to come on. This was yesterday. Absolutely no expectations, no time to invite your friends. Anyway, my 10:00 pm slot turned into 11:00 pm (musician time is acceptable under most circumstances) (as opposed to con man time) It was mostly people showing off for their friends. I did hold the prior group of people for most of my set and they were howling, so I guess they were enjoying it. I'm letting the voice fly these days and playing as fast as I can. I asked them if they wanted a John Hartford or a Mumford & Sons cover. And then I asked them if they knew who John Hartford was. They told me to do whatever I wanted. I ended up doing both.

Anyway on ward- I have to work in the morning. Oh and I have this: 6 hour gig. We'll see. And no amps.


No comments: