Saturday, June 1, 2013

Got a B?


Well, a real adventure in banjo- my B string broke halfway through the morning- with still an hour and half to go. I had no spare. One can play without it, if one can fudge. I kept carrying on, figuring if it just wasn't working, I'd stop They kept throwing money in my banjo case throughout it all.  Even played a request for Cotton Jenny which I hadn't played for a while and I told the guy I had broken a string and may not hit the exactly the right notes. He liked it. This either says something about my ability or we can just mark it off to being a banjo. Made fifty bucks, sos there's fifty people who liked it, sans B.

Another Farmer's Market called me while I was here, wanting to know if I could make it over to theirs this morning. I leave my phone in the car when I play. It would've made me laugh though-had I got the call.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dan, way to go! Sounds like it's time to head over to McCabe's and get *two* sets of new banjo strings - one to put on before your next gig, and one to keep in the case as a spare. Some 400 grit sandpaper applied very lightly to the bridge where the B string crosses over might also be helpful.

Anonymous said...

buy propecia online propecia generic 1mg - can you buy propecia in australia