Monday, October 8, 2012

Lots and lots of music



Rhubarb at Westchester First Fridays channeling our inner Old Crow Medicine Show. Really played three days in a row with Ed here. The band did this and then went to the Manhattan Beach Hometown Fair and played on the main stage:




And then Ed and I played Melrose Trading Post Sunday morning. This last one is one I wrote. The banjo was a little too loud and my voice a little low- but what are you going to do.

Did discover a thing you have to do at a bug stage with a sound guy who's never heard the band, you need to announce who's going to solo in the next number- so he will give them the sound they need. The first fourth of Betsy's banjo solo wasn't because the sound guy didn't realize that's what we were doing.

I got a comment about Amish folks being referred to as Nazis in a previous post- I just thought the picture really summed up the attitude of these web Folk calendar people because I know that they are all 70 and still polishing their Peter Paul & Mary vinyl. 

No comments: