Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Folk Nazis


I've been trying to get the band's booked gigs up on Folk Music Calendars on the Web, Nothing happens. So I emailed two of them. A guy from Folkworks.org finally responds saying they don't post Farmer's Markets because there are too many of them. He doesn't bother to address the fact that we are on the Main Stage in Manhattan Beach for a major yearly fair. Or the main stage at the Brentwood Art Fair.

The second one I got was from this woman - you can only find her if you type Alive & Picking into Goggle- why do I bother?

"Hi: please provide the telephone number for each venue at which your group appears, in order that the listing can be verified before we publish it. Thanks! "

 -----Original Message-----
From: Dan McNay To: mkaldin Sent: Tue, Oct 2, 2012 4:07 pm 
Subject: Folk Band Schedule 

Hi, I was wondering how we can get on your schedule of events? 
 Thanks 
 Dan McNay 

Like I'm trying to get up a fictitious listing so people can show up and look for us in vain?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amish people are Nazis?