Wednesday, October 31, 2012

And What Do We Have Here?


Friday evening we are playing Westchester First Fridays again. We set up the band down at the corner near the table and at the end of the row of food trucks. We don't have a generator and so I run an extension cord from us up along the sidewalk about twenty feet and then across the street to meet with the cord loaned by our benefactor which plugged another twenty feet away in front of her shop. I bought this extension cord so I could string Christmas lights across my large house. This food truck event is cool, because there's a big audience with lots of people and we have people listening. And we get the average in tips. I keep trying to get it going with out truck events, but it's not exactly working. I'm trying to plug the band into the truck event public media thing and find other crowded venues like this one. I'm beginning to think this is the way to go rather than try to get us into clubs and coffeehouses where they expect you to bring an audience. You can't do that unless you you have already built an audience somewhere.

And I'm beginning to get an inkling of how the truck thing works and if I'm right, I may just be able to plug myself in anywhere, but I need a generator. What happens if the band just shows up at a truck event where there is no live music and just sets up and plays?


No comments: