Monday, July 12, 2010

Mysterious Frame Breakings

It's not as bad as this. I fix things. When I started at the new job, there were some pictures in the office hallways that were broken or had the glass cracked. I had them fixed. There was a phone list in a plastic sheet protector taped to the wall above the elevator lobby phone. I asked our facilities department to put up something that looked better. I waited a month and they never did anything. I bought a frame, redid the list and hung it up instead of the plastic sheet protector. A couple of weeks went by and I come in the morning to find it laying on the floor broken. I bought another one, in a week it was broken. I bought a real cheap plastic one, thinking that if they knock it off, it wouldn't break, but they managed to break it. I left that one on my waste basket with a yellow post-it note asking them not to break any more of them. The next morning I came in and found that they had laid it aside with the note intact and emptied my wastebasket. I put up another one. They broke it again. The next one, I wired it to the hook so it could not be knocked off the hook. Today I found it hanging there barely- the hook had been almost completely ripped off, one little piece was holding it there. This one wasn't broken at least. The boss and the guys were on their way out to lunch and noticed and I had to explain my war against the frame breakers of the world.

Tomorrow I am buying a giant railroad spike and hammering it into the wall there and then welding a stainless steel frame made with rivets and bulletproof glass on to it. And a big sign saying, if you touch this you die!

No comments: