Friday, May 22, 2015

One for the Book To Be Written

So, I put in for a Thursday Night Farmers Market In Fountain Valley. The lady says I want to schedule you. I answer, great!. A week goes by. I email back, saying I'd really like to come. I get a message saying, 'I'm working on it.' Another week goes by. I get a canned message saying we are scheduling the next two months, Give us your dates, so I sent open dates in. Another week goes by. I send another message. Are you going to book me or not. I get a response: Yeah Thursday. Two Days. We trade emails Thursday morning. All is good. I leave at 3:00 pm -it takes me 1 1/2 hours to get there. She says something about trying to call me. Some guy is leaving because they double booked. I take my place. The other guy left I guess, because they couldn't reach me. Anyway I did my four hours and and come to find this crap in my email. She is emailing at 4:00 pm to tell me she double booked and can I not come.

Well, I played. I also got shafted by a little old lady who I thought had put a five in for a CD, but apparently only put a one in. After I was packing up, one of the food truck guys came and gave me a tip for the music. That's much cooler than anything else, because they are there the whole time.

No comments: