Friday, December 21, 2012

NoHo Done for the Winter


Played from 6 to 9:00 pm tonight at NoHo Dine Out Fridays. Had a nice crowd. Four Trucks. The weather reports say that we would have a low tonight of 46 degrees. To LAers it felt a lot colder than that. At 8:30 pm, my fingers were not playing well. I go now, fully expecting to be there by myself. I set up for the whole group and they show up. It still amazes me some how. Why would these people follow me into a jungle of cold and foggy nights? Betsy reminded us that it was 110 in the shade in West Covina where we played one Saturday. We did good. They like us. I book us every other month. Its a long way to go. This was another of my creating a venue. They weren't having music because they didn't have our music. No covers. We did fine without them. ASCAP has been calling her, the organizer says. I suggested she just buy a entertainment license for a couple of hundred. A weird guy showed up with his recorder to play with us- as if we were going to rearrange our lives to let him play. We were all nice to him, but it was a little annoying. I felt sorry for him, he was obviously a little nuts and lonely. Christmas is next. We play the 30th and have a jam here at my house on New Years Day. Come by if you have an instrument.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you got to see the Bears at Christmas.

It's incredibly hard to let them go back to their lives away from home.