Sunday, December 30, 2012

Hello In There



A little of the hair of the dog. Allie actually sat in with us in the early Rhubarb days when we were doing open mics. There are videos- mostly bad. She played piano at Boulevard Music for our three song set and came to the Fountain Valley fiasco. (It was a community stage- all you had to was sign up- the stage was a mile away from everything, the sound guy took an hour to set us up and we played to three people and it was lousy sound. My good son came and video taped us- standing with the sun behind us- so you couldn't see us at all. As I'm writing this, the group of them (all 23-24-25 are playing cards in the kitchen, -they don't hang with us if there is a better offer. I left at 21 and called home maybe once a month. When I was around, I was preoccupied- wish I had known.) But that's the way it goes. She likes 40s jazz songs. I'm playing folk and bluegrassy stuff. I wouldn't mind having them in the mix- but it ain't their thing. The tall boy bear is really a good guitarist. 

1 comment:

Rosaliene said...

I left home at 19+ Reconnecting with my mother and siblings after over 30 years of separation has not worked well. Different values; no shared adult experiences.