Sunday, September 23, 2012

Done with the first draft


Well, Daydee had her baby tonight. And the first draft of the book is done. About 58K in words. A lot of work ahead to do. Need to develop a entire sub-plot about her relationship with Sara, the bad guy's ex-wife that I didn't know was there until about half way thru this draft. I need to plan out and insert the stages of her pregnancy throughout and tie each section to each stage. There's a whole lot of under developed dramatic stuff to work on. And to find. Stuff to cut, I'm going to try to make this one as commercial as I know how to do, Gonna go for stripped down style, so even a dummy can read it. I went back and looked. I started it in March 2011- so there's a year and 1/2. The last one took me three years and it was twice as long as this, but I wasn't playing in a band every week back then. Gonna print it out tomorrow.

Cheers.

'The Author'

No comments: