Sunday, June 26, 2011

Gail's Party in Irvine

Hardly seems like a year has passed since we made the last one. We played for about four hours. A lot of good music and some not so good. I played a couple of my originals and an old Mickey Newbury song that no one knew. Last year I was terribly intimated by these guys. This year, I make a fool of myself easily. What else are you going to do? We talked almost everybody into singing and picking songs.

We when off to square dancing after and flew around the room, mostly really screwing up. The caller was too fast and I had forgotten a couple of simple things and the "angels" that were there to help us looked as lost as us newbies. It kinda felt like this:
We need to practice more. Went for drinks afterward with a few of the folks.



You would think this kind of thing would be simple. Anyhow, one of the ladies we dance with has her father's banjo LPs, she says I can take a look see at.

No comments: