Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Great Barrington

Well, we went and saw and came back. This is Stockbridge and Normal Rockwell and James Taylor and Sweet Baby James and Arlo Guthrie and Tanglewood and even my Gilders (see http://www.helenadekaygilder.org/marion/index.htm ) were a ten minute drive away. I was giving a history lesson to a local about Grover Cleveland and Mark Twain spending the summers in their neighborhood - at the Gilders farm.
Spent a day at Bard College at Simon's Rock and two evenings in "The Gypsy Joint" run by a large family that  has relocated from North Carolina, met Connie and lady friend, and got to hear these two. He is the song writer, they play everything. I wanted to invite them to LA. I want to go to college here, but will settle for a child going if it works out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i am a free visual artist, is there a chance you would like to use some of my pictures? i think it would be neat for your site :-)
totally like your page! send me a mail please in case you want to colaborate