Sunday, April 18, 2010

Busy Weekend

This was a photo from the Bluegrass Meetup about a month ago. I'm the blonde ponytail to the left of the bass. This weekend with no photos was a lot of stuff. Our little jug band had a rehearsal Friday night at the house. (We're doing an open mike night at Boulevard Music in May) Then this group Saturday morning at their Long Beach Park and then MoorPark and friends at the Ventura Art Walk and home. And Sunday yoga and then my GLAWS writers group from 1 to 5 in Santa Monica. Great Great music. We narrowed music down for the jug band performance and then the Saturday morning group as always very supportive and friendly and I found myself playing along with a song that they moved up a key, and I could figure it out and sort of play along. I may start a commune with these folks, but I'm sure they all have real lives. The music is just for the sheer hell of it, and that makes it even more fun because there is no real point other than just playing music and learning how to do it. I'm blessed in being able to play with people better than me.
The GLAWS (Greater Los Angeles Writers Society) group has a lot of interesting intelligent writers doing good stuff. Got some good ideas on my current project- a play about a 14 year-old-girl in slum apartment in LA. There is a lady writing a fictional biography of Basho (Japanese Haiku Master), one writing a saga about the poor mixed race folks of Ghana, a guy starting a sea tale of pirates around the turn of the 18th century, and several other projects underway. It makes me feel young again and that anything is possible.
Anyhow, I want to start some other story lines in here- the blog. Have to give it some thought,

1 comment:

Janet Boyd Art said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun at the bluegrass meetup. jan